Wednesday, February 1, 2012

So much (not sew much) has been happening!

I made a funny, get it so not sew! I know pretty lame but that's me on my, let me think 3rd cuppa this morning!! Goood coffee! ;-} Well I may be back at the sewing machine by the weekend!!! Today is cleaning, laundry and pick-up all the stuff not in the place where it belongs, but sorta looks like it belongs there since it's been there for a while and blends in! I'm on the down side of subbing at the library, next Monday, Feb. 6 , should be the last unless the director's return flight gets delayed then it will be Tuesday, too.  My Mom's surgery went well last Wednesday and her stay with us from last Thursday thru Sunday helped her get use to walking on crutches. Now she's back home getting lots of TLC from her friends! Mom's very independent and likes her busy volunteer life so I know while the crutches have temporarily slowed her down, when the cast comes off, she'll be back to "the boot"( more mobile for therapy and contiued recovery) and all her activities! Also #2Son came home to get his car worked on by themanwhoholdsmyheart, only to have the car not make the sound that was cause for concern, isn't that always how it goes! It was great to have him back for a quick visit and a family meal around the table.

Very soon, in the next few days, I need to go grocery shopping and to the local quilt shop to get that Mary Ellen's clear starch, I'm really missing sewing on those little houses.  Oh and my new iron came, in just 2 days!!! It's so pretty, shiny and wants to im"press" (hehehe) me with it's abilities! Oh yea coffee good :-)  We're suppose to get rain on Friday, so not really wanting to do shopping then, probably tomorrow. My shopping trips are not those of city folk, where you hop in the car and pick up a few things then back home, oh NO! Mine consist of a full day of errands too! We live about 30 miles from our major shopping destination, Salina. I usually have a list strategically numbered to make best use of my time and the gas tank. The Mall, which includes JoAnn's and JCPenney's, then Hobby Lobby, Aldi's, Walmart, and Dillons. Other stops are on occasion such as thrift store drop-off, recycle drop-off, bank, library, coffee shop (when caffeine calls), etc. you get the idea. It's always a full days worth and then ends with only me unloading the car. ugh! Sometimes I lunch with themanwhoholdsmyheart, since that's also where he commutes to for his job. That's always a nice way to break up the day and get some libation to fortify me for Walmart shopping, I loathe Walmart shopping. Big UGH!

I'm sort of looking forward to the Super Bowl, since college football is over. I really enjoy watching college football, especially my Wildcats! Hope the commercials are good, I think they've been fair to poor the past few years, my favorite were always the Bud-wis-er frogs from many moons ago!!

1 comment:

  1. hehe you and your jokes (clearly it's some VERY good coffee) :D

    I gotta say, the commercials in this superbowl kinda let me down -- and don't even get me started on half time! Some of the Chevy commercials made me laugh though :)

    ReplyDelete