Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentine's Dinner was a success :-)

Candles lit, table set, dessert in the frig, meal in the oven, kitchen cleaned-up, wine set out, ok I'm ready. It was also not to bad of a day weather wise, I think we reached 52 degrees!

I went out earlier in the afternoon and gave Anna a bath, she was a smelly girl. While she doesn't like to come when called for a bath, she will hang her head and allow you to walk her with lease to the waiting tub. Usually themanwhoholdsmyheart will lift her up and put her in, I am not able to put the whole dog in at once, so I put her front legs in first, then lift the hide quarters and pushed forward! It was pretty funny, Anna was not amused. But she does sit nicely in her bubbly bath and allow me to lather, rinse, and repeat, rinsing that is, until I hear the squeakiness of soap all rinsed away, then I have her hop out and rinse with just the hose. By the way the hose is hooked up to the sink in the washroom, so I have warm water for the whole procedure, it's the only way to give a winter bath! So now she is clean and I am not!!!! If you've ever given a dog a bath you know how much they shake!

Back to my meal it was wonderful! We had a great bottle of Merlot and a variety of olives, from the olive bar at Dillons, while the dish was in the oven. About 15 minutes before the dish was ready, I put on the water for the angel hair pasta, then we had a mixed greens salad with greek dressing, oh and I had Chocolat, the soundtrack CD from the movie, playing too. So now it's time for the main dish, I made Chicken Parmesan from foodwishes.blogspot.com video recipes with Chef John website. It was easy and so good, at least that's what most of the reviews said and I'm happy to say they did not stear me wrong, it was very good and very simple to assemble. No frying involved! For dessert I also used a video recipe from the same site, Tiramisu Chocolate Mousse!!!!! It was sooooooo good(my eyes are rolling back in my head)!! My only problem with the site recipes is that because it's a video recipe you don't get a print out of the procedure, only the ingredients, so I print it out and write my own notes as I watch it over again until I think I understand the steps. I know some of you can cook with your laptop in the kitchen, not me I just know I will have some mishap and ahhhhhhhh*%$@?
Themanwhoholdsmyheart loved the meal, me too! It was a bit BC(beforechildren), almost like dating again! Most of our evening meals are at the coffee table, watching Squeal (that's from our childrens early Sesame Street days) of Fortune, you know Wheel of Fortune and trying to guess the phrase before the tv contestant. Themanwhoholdsmyheart usually gets it seconds before me, agh (numbers are more my thing, remember sodoku) anyway.... Sorry I didn't get a single photo of the food I thought of it afterwards, like usual, and a martini glass with chocolate mousse smears just seemed cruel to publish!!! Hehe
Hope you all had a great VD with your sweetie! Oh and I should tell you themanwhoholdsmyheart gave me a dozen red long stemmed roses!! aahhhhhh

No comments:

Post a Comment