Sunday, March 4, 2012

Repost--sort of!?$%#

First let me start with a THANK YOU to all my followers! Yea all 8 of you, +1, TheManWhoHoldsMyHeart says he is a follower too, he just doesn't have a picture icon/account.
Hope you enjoy my musings, I like composing them. I always look forward to your comments!!


So I had a great post last Wednesday but when I hit save it got lost in cyberspace, thanks greatly to our lousy internet connection. I was so frustrated, pissed, and blowing my top like a cartoon character that I wanted to write a scathing post about our internet provider, but my blood pressure was at boil, so I just walked away.


Ready to begin anew! 
I had titled my post: I'm a Believer a Daydream Believer!


Yes, I was a Monkees fan! So the news of Davy Jones death, stopped me in my tracks and gave me such a sad heart, a bit of my youth was gone. I was 12 and so sure I was going to marry Davy Jones, Bobby Sherman, or wait for it.......David Cassidy. All swoon-worthy (swoon 1. to enter a state of hysterical rapture or ecstasy: The teenagers swooned at the sight of a singing star.) and attainable if I followed the suggestions in Tiger Beat magazine!! My best friend lived across the street from me and she had a Monkees album that I would borrow as often as she would allow. Daydream Believer-She- Mary, Mary- Last Train to Clarksville- etc. you name it I knew the words. I would lay there on my bed, albums stacked on the turntable playing at top volume (which usually brought a stomp on the upstairs floor from my parents--I had a basement bedroom), staring at the latest above mentioned magazine and dreaming. I just knew he was singing to me and only Me! I even use to practice kissing their pictures in the magazine!!!
Fast forward a few years and it's no great surprise that my high school sweetheart had the same mop top hair style, clear blue eyes and dimples, like my first crushes. So, it is with a sad grateful heart that I say THANK YOU to Davy Jones for the enjoyable hours of TV viewing, music listening, and Day Dream Believing. Rest in Peace


FYI----I married my high school sweetheart! While the mop top is gone---long gone. He still has the blue eyes and deep dimples that made me swoon!! Plus sooo much better than kissing the magazine!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment