Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Oh what a great March day!

It's warm and windy, did I say it's WARM! It's days like this that make my heart sing, and my arms throw open every window in the house!!!!!!!

My accomplishments for the day (thus far) in no particular order:
1. Shaved my legs so my capri shorts don't look like I'm wearing leggings!!( really wooly ones!)
2. Made and canned Pumpkin Apple Butter, found recipe at Allrecipes.com while looking for a way to use up applesauce that has been in the freezer since last fall, and the pumpkin was from there too! It's so yummy! I slathered (I used that word for you ManWhoHoldsMyHeart) some on a slice of toasted french bread, oh this recipe is a keeper in my on-line recipe box.
3. Cleaned the oven! Easy since I have a self-cleaning one,(oh wouldn't I love, love, love self-cleaning toilets!!!!!) but always have to wait for a day when I can open the house, it always makes a horrible smell, from all the oven spills getting incinerated! ugh :$
4. Applesauce Bars--I want to try a new recipe from the above mentioned recipe site, also found when looking for a way to use up still more applesauce in the freezer, it was just a marginal year last year for apples, but since we have so few kids around home now, I bake less. :(
5. Finished my book, Undead and Undermined by MaryJanice Davidson #10 in the series, #11 Undead and Unstable comes out in June. =) Now maybe I can get some stuff done, you know how books can monopolize your time!! I'm always taking 10 minutes here and 20 minutes there, I set the oven timer so I will be reminded to get back to the task at hand but sometimes I just have to take mmmm just 5 more minutes!!!!!! TheManWhoHoldsMyHeart read Hunger Games on our New Orleans trip and now he wants to go on to book 2 Catching Fire. I told him it was good-- it just took me purchasing a paperback copy for our trip and him some uninterrupted time to really get into it! Now we're ready to see the movie on opening weekend March 23rd. I think we will go to Manhattan and take TheOther#1Son with us since he is the one responsible for getting me to finally read the trilogy!!
6. Clean toilets.....nay it's too nice a day for that, maybe tomorrow!!
Well it's time to mix-up and bake those applesauce bars in the CLEAN oven!! TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment