Wednesday, March 14, 2012

It is a REAL spring break!

It's Spring Break time!
This week for K, TheOther#1Son's best girl and then next week for TheOther#1Son. I guess with temps in the 70's & 80's K has had a nice break from the snowy conditions in Wisconsin. Today it's suppose to be 82, but with the usual windy conditions. This morning at 6:30am it was 62, with some humidity. Yesterday morning we had fog in the low lying areas of the pasture, it made a Brigadoon effect! It feels so good to have the warm temps but makes me wary, that we will most likely have a freezing kill on all the plants and trees that are in a rush to come up or flower this early. I'm just superstitious enough that I won't put the snow boots or shovels away just in case that's keeping the snow away! ;-) Speaking of snow, DD and her husband went to Colorado, for some spring break skiing this week, at Breckenridge. She started wedgie skiing on those slopes many years ago and now gleefully announced she is conquering black diamond runs!
Usually spring break is cool, cloudy with rain, so this is a real nice treat. Almost makes me feel like we live in Hawaii, wink, wink, to #1Son. Today I'm hoping to get in a bit of sewing, because as it gets warmer, other duties and needs arise and so less time is spent at the sanity machine. Sewing always makes me feel good, creative and relaxed, it's my therapy!
Time for breakfast, some applesauce cake and another cuppa coffee!! Yes, cake for breakfast ;-)
 It is full of good-for-you stuff, like applesauce, dates, raisins, and I substituted half whole wheat flour for the unbleached amount, an egg, etc, you get the picture! Hehehe YUM Wish you could join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment