Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Baking Lesson

Peanut Butter Twists

TheOther#1Son and his girl K wanted to learn how to bake PBT while here on spring break! What do you think? I give them an A++++++++      I did cheat though and mixed the dough up in the bread machine, so next time I think we will do some kneading, everyone really needs to get the satisfaction of kneading by hand. Kneading lets you work out frustrations, clear your mind and get a good arm workout leaving you feeling refreshed and rewarded with a great bread treat. The recipe we mixed up made approx. 36 twists, but we had no trouble eating most of the first tray while still warm with the frosting barely set, and the peanut butter filling still gooey, uummmmm.
These rolls are a close replica to the ones that use to be served in my high school lunchroom. Russell High School had the best lunch ladies, who made the best school lunches!! Everything from scratch and extras if you told them how much you liked whatever the entree was for the day. Fresh rolls most days so when the smell started wafting through the school your stomach was growling in anticipation!
I'm sure by now I've got you licking your computer screen, so stop! Just come on over and I'll see if I can turn out a pan of rolls in a few hours and we can chat while we wait!!!

4 comments:

  1. They were amazing!!! I am craving them this morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yea! When Jeff saw the post he said you should make more of them, I didn't get very many :( So next time our paths cross I'll(cross that out) WE'LL have to make them again!! or Maybe beignets! :D

      Delete
  2. How about both!!! As always, we had a great time mum! Can't wait to make it back again :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about both!!! As always, we had a great time mum! Can't wait to make it back again :D

    ReplyDelete