Friday, March 23, 2012

Friday Morning Coffee [_]p

It's suppose to look like a mug of coffee [_]p in the title! Can you see it?? Squint your eyes!!

I awoke to a beautiful spring morning, we've had rain now for 4 days (1.52"), but this morning..... glorious sunshine. So I woke TheManWhoHoldsMyHeart, I dried two deck chairs, he got out the cushions, I made the coffee and we sat out there, sipping coffee in the sunshine! The air was so fresh and the birds were singing lots of different tunes. I could identify a few, robins, meadow lark, black birds, turtle doves, pheasants, quail, and TheManWhoHoldsMyHeart thought he could hear prairie chickens! Nice Huh! We probably sat out there for almost an hour, then the breeze began to pick up, cooling things off just a bit too much. Now it's partly cloudy with fluffy,low gray clouds.

Oh I must tell you what I got to do yesterday! TheManWhoHoldsMyHeart had taken the day off to hit the sale barn and price/buy cows! So while he was there I went to the library, picked up some books on herb gardening, canning, bread baking, meals for 2 cooking and a fiction book. Then to the mall to buy earrings for my nieces who recently got their ears pierced and get to remove them this weekend since it will be the end of the initial 6 weeks waiting period. I found a cute card of 9 pair at Claire's. Looked around some at Penney's but no great sale prices, I really don't care for their new retail style of always low prices. It doesn't feel like "Woohoo I got a good deal, look at what I saved!!!!!" So I went to Sears and found a really nice winter coat-eggplant purple with a fur trimmed hood, for $25.00! In fact all the winter coats were $25! I also found a sweatshirt style jacket w/pockets to wear around the house (I layer a lot) for $5! So then TheManWhoHoldsMyHeart called and said he was ready to be picked up from the sale barn. After I picked him up we ran a few more errands, THEN since we were so close to Petco I said we should go in and play with the ferrets for awhile! Usually they are sleeping and don't acknowledge your prescence, But I guess something about my voice sounded like I was a ferret's friend so they woke and wanted to play. One of the pet handlers opened the enclosure and I got to hold one that looked a lot like the one we use to care for (Hobbs, he belonged to #1Son) and grew to love so much. #1Son lived in Hawaii and still does, but was not allowed to bring a ferret to Hawaii so Hobbs lived his last years with us!!! Oh they are the most smellest pets But oh what personalities!! So anyway we played with both ferrets for about 20 minutes then said our goodbye. I would really really love to have another, but when Hobbs died my heart broke all over the place, I'm even tearing up now writing about him and that was in May of 09'. He had a tumor in his mouth and we (the vet and I) decided it was time to put him to sleep, so I held him for his last 40 minutes, then took the little box home and we buried him up on the hill under the mulberry tree. I've always been tender hearted but maybe old age is making me feel emotion more deeply or it's that damn menopause again! So playing with ferrets at the pet store lets me laugh and remember all the funny antics of that very special little ferret!!

4 comments:

  1. Don't be ashamed of your soft heart, momma, you have a lot of love to share. :) Reading your thoughts of Hobbsley gets me choked up, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweet girl. I'm glad I got to know the little guy, he was a one and only for me.

      Delete
  2. I sure do miss that little bugger! We had a lot of fun together through college!! I still feel bad about not being able to bring Hobbes with me to Hawaii, but I know he had the good life at the farm: freedom, love, and an abundance of cheerios! Thanks so much for taking care of him and being there for him, I love you mom :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome :) :) Yes we spoiled him with Cheerios, playing with the cats, your brothers tennis shoes and all the eyeglass cases he could hide under the bed(I kept him stocked with the ones he like from the thrift store)!

      Delete