Wednesday, June 6, 2012

June and the Full Moon

It was #1Son's 29th birthday on Monday!! Happy Birthday again #1Son! It was great visiting with you sure do miss your face though! Did you get your DQ cake?
It's still dry, dry, dry here and I'm getting very concerned, for the grasses, in the pasture, needed to feed the cows. The grass in the yard crackles under my feet and usually that doesn't happen until late July. I'm trying to keep positive about our rain chances but it's really hard, too many promising cloud banks have come and dissipated right before they reach us or just miss us only by a few miles! Then factor in the winds and you have extra drying out of the soils, especially in the garden, where plants were just watered with costly rural water,(we don't have a well) the previous evening. I think we need a rain dance!!! When we would camp with the kids, they use to dance around the campfire chanting "We don't want rain, baaaa!" Back then our tent and years later our progression to the pop-up camper were both magnets for drawing in storms!!!!!!   I guess maybe I'll have to dig the tent up out of the basement and set it up in the yard!!! See if it still has the old mojo!
Yesterday I cleaned and vacuumed in the basement. It was cool down there so vacuuming up dead rolly pollies was not to bad. But oh do we have the stuff. Our stuff, the kids stuff, stuff from when they were kids, stuff from their college lives, stuff, stuff, stuff!! TheManWhoHoldsMyHeart said we should have a garage sale. I said would people really come all the way out to the country for a garage sale? I don't know........ I've been hauling bags out from time to time to the thrift store, but it doesn't look like much of a dent has been made or a free space created anywhere. I guess I'll have to think about that, I really don't want to box it up only to have to unbox and display at a city location so as to get more traffic. If only I could get a tornado to carry away what I want to get rid of and still keep the rest, that could work!!!maaahahahah that's my sort of evil laugh!!!!!!!
Oh and my reference to the full moon it just rhymed with June so I went with it!! But seriously hasn't the full moon just been so gorgeous! It lights the countryside up, you can see for miles! You can also hear the coyotes howling so close I'm just sure I should be able to see them with the moon so bright, but nada, they're pretty sneaky!

2 comments:

  1. Got the blizzard cake yesterday, yum! Also, got the b-day present from you guys too! Monday is a state holiday here (King Kamehameha's b-day) So I'll be continuing the birthday celebrations this weekend, haha =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shouldn't TheManWhoHoldsYourHeart have the influence to divert a dam or something and get some water flowing out here lol.

    If you need me to take some stuff out of basement storage, let me know! I can become a hoarder if need be hehe.

    -TheOther#1Son

    ReplyDelete