Thursday, June 7, 2012

First sighting of the season!

LIGHTENING BUGS
Woohoo I love seeing lightening bugs across the grassy areas of the pasture! Last evening TheManWhoHoldsMyHeart and I took a walk after sunset down the driveway and there in the low lying areas were the little twinkle lights of summer!!! I look forward to their appearance every summer season, it takes me back to being a kid and chasing those glowing little bugs around the yard and trying to catch a few. We use to place lots in a jar and just watch it glow then release them later! Also and this one I'm not so proud of now, was where we use to catch and pinch off the glow part and place it on our ring finger to show off like a sparkly ring. Soooo sorry to all those lightening bug ancestors :(
Another favorite is the cicada! I just love the evening BUZZZ of those guys. While I haven't yet heard their sound, my cousin living in the eastern part of the state, has, so I'm hopeful our time is coming soon. It's really helps that our trees in the yard have grown taller to draw more closer to the house, better to enjoy while sitting on the back deck!

***the first cicadas arrived on July 5th****

1 comment:

  1. I heard my first cicada of the season just a few nights ago outside my window! I love it! Makes me think of road tripping down to Kansas for 4th of July and hearing them outside Grandmas house! A definite favorite memory!

    -TheOther#1Son

    ReplyDelete