Tuesday, June 26, 2012

I'm melting! Melting! Oh - what a world - what a world!

'Ohhh - you cursed brat! Look what you've done! I'm melting! Melting! Oh - what a world - what a world! Who would have thought a good little girl like you could destroy my beautiful wickedness!? Ohhh! Look out! Look out! I'm going. Ohhhh! Ohhhhhh...'.

Yep! That's me I'm the wicked witch, that's exactly how I feel in this heat, WICKED!
I just spoke, on the phone, with the ManWhoHoldsMyHeart and he had just looked up the upcoming forecast for the holiday week, MORE of the same!! 107 today, tomorrow 110, then 109, then 102, 101,.... If only body fat would melt in these temps, good could come of such an evil! Bawaahahaha (you know that's my evil laugh) Ahhhh!

Ok I must move on if I keep on this subject I shall truly go insane! Last week when a front came through and it was a cool evening, ~~~~~~~~wavy lines indicate dream state with distant memory ~~~~~~~~~~~~ha ha~~~~~~~ I baked!! Three loaves of banana bread==2 with walnuts and one with chocolate chips, mixed up two batches of cookie dough==one chocolate chip with coconut and oatmeal that I baked just cookie sheets of  said cookie, the other a whole wheat snickerdoodles still in dough form in the freezer. And a Cherry Pie! I asked TheManWhoHoldsMyHeart what he would like since I was in a baking mood and he said "cherry pie" then he proceeded to stretch out on the couch for his after supper, evening power nap, just resting my eyes snooze (our days start early here the alarm goes off at 5:20 AM)! So I made a special cherry pie with his name on it!!! I couldn't wait for him to wake up later and ask "So what did you decide to make?" and I replied "Oh, there's a pie in the oven with your name on it!!!!!!!!!" Hehehe
It was great! I get my jollys in little ways!!!!!
The little dark spots on the pie are from the vanilla sugar I sprinkled on top. They are seeds from the vanilla bean. I also made some homemade vanilla (just cut a slit in vanilla beans and drop in a bottle of good vodka) with beans too!

4 comments:

  1. Oh dear, I wish that pie had MY name written all over it. Scrummy looking!

    We had a few blistering days last week and I almost melted too. Thank goodness it's nice a cool again. I'll wish the coolness your way, okay?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK! Put that coolness on a jet stream and PLEASE send it this way! It was a yumalicious pie!! XD

      Delete
  2. Hmm, if it weren't so hot I'd be right over to help you with those baked goodies! Actually, I also wish heat would melt body fat so I probably shouldn't. Your pie looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mayleen! As I wrote in the previous comment it was yumalicious, I just made that word up! If Rachael Ray can make up words so can I! Hehe

      Delete