Thursday, April 19, 2012

Sitting in a coffee shop!! and lovin it!!

My blog entry today is from downtown Salina, at Mokas Bakery and Bistro! Woot Woot I've always wanted to be one of those people sipping coffee and just surfing the net! Sure I've been here before for coffee, but hooking up with a laptop, that's a first! ok so once again, this shows how lagging I am in the tech world but I'm making baby steps and it feels GOOD! We just got the laptop at Christmas, our home PC was TheOther#1Son's and he wanted it back at college. I have also experienced the ipad, DD has one, issued by the school system where she teaches, and I have to say it's awesome, I would love to have one of those someday!! What's really great about hooking up here for Internet is that it's so much faster than our home connection and of course the great coffee, I'm having caramel coffee and I just finished off a key lime cupcake (vanilla cupcake w/cream cheese filling topped with yummy frosting and sprinkled with coconut). Time for a second cuppa, be right back........Ok I'm back. The place is filling up, the large round table near me is full of (older than me ladies) didn't want to say "little old ladies", having coffee and just chatting away. At the table right next to me a business attired young man, and lets face it anymore most men are going to be younger than me. I'm even older than TheManWhoHoldsMyHeart (by four months) he always reminds me that I'm the "older woman" , I prefer today's name a "Cougar"!! Haha Farther away from me there is a young couple in a booth, a table of four hmmm possibly older men, two girlfriends in a booth,  more couples at high top tables, etc. Nice crowd, the aroma of coffee, Sirrus XM coffee shop music, and me here in the corner booth sipping coffee and enjoying my morning!

4 comments:

  1. mmm caramel coffee, sounds like a nice and relaxing atmosphere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure WISH (that's a big wish)I could share a cup with you! I mean you'd have your own cup we really wouldn't have to drink out of the same mug!! Hehehe

      Delete
  2. I hope you had a great time! I like to go to Barnes & Noble to drink coffee and read quilting magazines. Sometimes a cookie finds its way to my table too, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! We, TheManWhoHoldsMyHeart and I love Barnes and Noble, it's always on our browsing list when we hit the big city!

      Delete