Monday, April 9, 2012

It's always something----

Now the digital camera is protesting, I know our pictures were not that interesting but come on!! The lens will not recede back into the camera, it makes the noise but nothing happens and just holds a fuzzy picture. So we are debating what to do.... it's only 2 1/2 years old, but I suppose in tech years it's centuries!!!We don't like the just dispose of it society fix, so I'm guessing we will first opt for sending it in to see what the cost/prognosis is. I'm old enough to remember fixing something was always the first choice, in a series of repair steps, for appliances, clothing, etc. I do miss buying a brand because it was dependable, golly gee but I am getting old I sound like my grandma!!!! Might as well I'm also beginning to look like her, soft facial hair, extra chin, arms that keep on waving after my hand has stopped, just can't get into the roll down support hose with cotton dresses!! Maybe, the cotton dresses though come summer! I WOULD like sewing some cotton prints into something cool and comfortable to wear, except on windy days that would be disturbing to all.... seeing my granny panties!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Hehe I think a dress, in the evening, after a shower, when some relaxing is in order, but not quite ready for jammies yet! That might be doable! When I was pregnant with DD the summer of 1980, I wore one particular dress everyday for 2 straight months!!!!!! Look it up we had a record breaking heat wave of 30-40 something straight days of 100 degree temps, in Garden City, KS. The dress was a brown paisley print with the elastic gathered bodice, a style that is making a come back now! You buy the yardage needed to go around your chest, plus seam allowance and then sew one seam add some shoulders straps and volia' your done!! I was sooo tired of the dress that I threw it away when I came home from the hospital =D But now I really wish I had kept it for a project of some kind for DD. I also sewed a few halter dresses that I wore in the early marriage years that put a devilish twinkle in TheManWhoHoldsMyHeart's eye and brought a dimpled grin to his face. One particular warm evening, I put the kids to bed early, put on his favorite halter dress, some albums on the stereo, cooked supper and we dined by candlelight and danced! It was so romantic!!!XXXX......................... Yes, maybe some cotton summer dresses ....but let's get real I'll need some hidden support!!!! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment