Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Man it's a HOT one, like seven inches from the midday sun!

Do you know the song?? I know you do DD! Here in the middle of Kansas it will feel like seven inches from the midday sun again today! We set a new record yesterday with 95 degrees and today is setting up to be the same, so I imagine another record will fall, as well as myself!! I thought I was melting yesterday, so today I have closed the house up (around 10AM) and will ride it out with the ceiling fans and iced tea. Yesterday I had left the windows open and at 4:30PM the dining room thermostat showed the room to be 93 degrees! I knew it was warm, but seeing that made me go back to lying on the couch and reading, where movement was minimal. It was difficult to think of what to have for supper, so I opted for coconut shrimp(already breaded in the freezer) that I heated up in my electric skillet. For a side, I chopped up some green onions and red pepper into a casserole dish with a pat of butter and cooked in the microwave, added some leftover white rice and sliced toasted almonds, mixed and heated all together. For some other cool sides, marinated asparagus and a corn relish made from leftover corn-on-the-cob. Pretty yummy for a hot girl in the kitchen! Interpret how you will!! We finished the evening out on the porch in the rockers after the sun went down! aahhhhh

No comments:

Post a Comment