Saturday, March 29, 2014

The eggs of easter past!!!


          OK so not as many as I thought but still a plenty!!! These are blown eggs-that means we poked a hole with a cork board note tack in each end of the egg and then put our mouth over the little pin hole and blew--HARD-- till the white and the yolk came out the little pin hole on the opposite end. (About like blowing up a really small balloon that won't inflate) We usually ate scrambled eggs shortly there after!!! Better in my opinion than hard boiled eggs, I can eat some deviled eggs but not a dozen and a half worth! So blowing the eggs then eating scrambled eggs with cheese was a better choice. When time came to decorate, I bought as many colors of tissue paper as I could find, plus went through the crafting box for any doodads to add to the mix! If you look closely you'll see some ninja turtles, a cat, a chick and various cut shapes of tissue, besides all the free form snipped shapes. These tissue pieces were then applied with a mixture of glue & water, with a paint brush. I loved crafting with my children!
         So now I decorate the house, every year, with these egg creations by filling baskets and placing them on various tables to be enjoyed, add pops of color and make me smile remembering all the fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment