Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Done and (piecing) Done

A table runner I piece from scraps shared by my quilting BFF.
Title: Wildcat Victories
 
Jelly roll strips of 30's prints, this will be a crib quilt for my
grandbaby!
I have plans for the table runner, it was made specifically for the center island in my kitchen. With fall colors on the top for November and then if I flip it for December, it's backed in a green stripe, I can use for Christmas too!!! I was thinking on this piece ;-D All of the hand quilting I did while watching my Kansas State Wildcats win some close and not so close football games. I poked my fingers several times on the OU game, but the Cats prevailed!! I hand stitch a lot during football games it relieves the tension for me. I <3 college football!!
On the crib quilt, I'm not sure yet what I want to do. Should I machine quilt or should I send it to a friend with a long arm machine and have her do the quilting????????
 
And lastly I'm still plugging away at the house blocks but finding I have very few novelty prints small enough for the window piece, a 5/8" square! What I do have, I'm repeating the item, in the little window more than I'd like. The windows have morphed into a bit of an I-Spy block! I can just see the grandkids some day playing find the   ?   in the window!! I just love the scrappy look of these little blocks! I guess I'll have to send out an SOS to my quilting BFF and see if she can add some variety to the windows. 
 

1 comment:

  1. Love the crib quilt! I'm guessing the last K-state game must have been much easier on your fingers due to the big lead... Hopefully the game against T-Tech will be the same!!

    ReplyDelete