Wednesday, July 18, 2012

100 degrees at noon

I think that says it all!!! On our way to 105, really, I'm not sure it will stop there, since we are at 100 already!  For the next seven days our highs vary between 103 to 106!!!! Radio news reports this summer as the driest since 1956, that's the year I was born! Yikes! But I remember too that the 50's were also a time of river flooding in Kansas. What extremes!!

I've been coping in my air conditioned, darkened cave-like home, watching movies, reading, sewing, or surfing the net, but it's wearing thin. How much longer?????   I really miss being outdoors or having the windows open connecting me to the outdoors. I want to scream, so..... since I live in the country~~~ I suppose I could!! But that would just give me a headache, humm... so no screaming. Just resign myself to get through another  hot day and stop watching the weather forecast it only burns me up, twice!! Once at the forecast and second out in the heat. Even so I could handle it a bit better if it weren't for the drought too! Heat AND a drought. We will be selling the cows early because the grasses are in such poor shape. The crops, garden, yard, newly (I use that term loosely as most have been planted for a number of years but still on the young side) planted trees and shrubs, and potted plants are also on the decline, so sad. We water but the heat trumps it all!

I feel better sharing, letting it out, sorry to unburden on you my blog readers, but I really needed to vent. So to redeem myself just a little bit I'll share a recent picture I took of the tablecloth I bought to make our dining experience a little more "country summer" inviting. Doesn't it just say fried chicken at grandma's house!

2 comments:

  1. Just know that you're not alone in barely tolerating the hot temperatures! Unfortunately, I have to be out in the heat today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty table cloth!

    Oh gosh! I hear you! The plants all over our neighbourhood are SUFFERING. But our forecast is looking good for possible rain sometime in the next few days. FINGERS CROSSED! I think I may have to go dance in it (if and when it happens). :)

    ReplyDelete