Monday, January 9, 2012

ok so I like to "cookerpot" too!

I guess this is more than a sewing blog because i do like to cook/bake/create too! "Cookerpot" is the name my children gave to me years ago(more to this story and I'll explain it further someday). So when deardaughter(the oldest and only girl and will be refered to in future posts as DD) was in 7th grade shop class she made me a pen holder with WORLD'S GREASTEST "COOKER-POT" on the little brass plate!! :-D It's a treasured piece! But back to cooking i'm feeling the need to make bierocks today for my hubby, he <3 them. It will take me most of the afternoon, browning the ground beef, shredding cabbage, making bread dough, and then forming and baking the little individual pocket sandwiches. Bierocks are a german-russian food experience from my youth growing up in Russell, Ks. I really have to be in the mood for all the mess and since there is a cabbage in the frig, needing to be used, it's sunny out with lots of great rays energizing me I guess it's time to get after it!

No comments:

Post a Comment