Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Aww.. Relief!

It's finally happened, some relief from the heat, just this past weekend, and now some rain! I just went out and checked the rain gauge an INCH plus .10! With about .01 to maybe .02 of the collection amount as bird poop! We have a mockingbird that enjoys the view from the rain gauge with it's butt over the collection spout! I usually collect the rain amount in a used water bottle, for watering my African violet that sits in the kitchen window. The bird droppings make for an interesting look to the collection, bad to look at good for the violet!!! This is such a welcome "shot in the arm" for the garden, yard, trees, pasture, ponds etc.!!!
I've been reading more lately and not sewing as much. Though I did make a small "something" a little over a week ago and have gone on to make many more. Sorry I can't show it as I have close family members that follow my blog and what I've been making I've decided to use for Christmas stocking stuffers! I will take photos and post, maybe with each of the recipients, after the holiday!
I did find an interesting idea for a super quick quilt that I want to try very soon!
Link below:

http://www.heirloomcreations.net/sewing-tips/the-jelly-roll-1600/

It looks fun and I have lots of 2 1/2" strips I'd like to use, the problem though is my strips are not all 40" in length! That could take some serious math!!!!!!!! We shall see!
[Note to Jean; What do you think, is this something we could do when you visit in Sept? If we each purchase a jelly roll of our choice we would have the cutting already done for us so all we'd have to do is sew and chat. It would be easy and mindless so we can talk, talk, talk while we sew!!]

Hope it's raining where you are!!! I'm going to clean house and bake some chewy, raisin, walnut and date packed oatmeal cookies!! TTFN! (tah tah for now)

P.S. The books I've been reading The Walk series by Richard Paul Evans! Coming Spring of 2013 book 4 in The Walk series. Not my usual style of read but very enjoyable.  A quote from the back jacket cover "an unforgettable series about hope, healing, and the meaning of life."

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you got rain! It sure makes a difference in one's outlook. Here, south of Wichita, we had the cooler temps but our rain gauge showed only a trace of rain. Maybe tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete