Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Puzzle Time


I love 1,000 piece jigsaw puzzles!
 
It took me about two days of mornings and evenings to complete!! I spread out the pieces on the dining room table, get a cup of tea or coffee, my adjustable sewing chair, wool socks for my feet and I'm set! My favorite puzzle styles are still life settings, or a colorful flower garden, or a farmyard scene just not the big panoramic landscapes. Most of my puzzles come from the second hand store but on occasion a family member will gift me with a goodie. This one was from TheManWhoHoldsMyHeart for Christmas over a year ago! I'd been saving it for a snowstorm or rainy day both of which have been pretty scare with the drought conditions we have been experiencing for months now. With the last snowfall on New Year's Eve that was a busy family time and not a puzzle piecing kind of situation. My favorite time to piece a puzzle is on a rainy day, it's also my favorite time to sew. I love to be able to open a window to hear the rain fall and the thunder crash!! I'm pretty driven when it comes to a puzzle about as much as when I get into a good book, I'm always looking for a few minutes here and there to read. Time flies and I get nothing else done, but sometimes that's ok because "me" time matters too and I deserve it !!!! Yeah!! Rrriiight!  Still struggling with that one, but getting better, isn't that why they're called hobbies???!!
 
Frigid cold this morning 12 degrees but slowly climbing, so glad we don't live in North Dakota anymore!! Did my time below zero now I want more balmy temps for winter!
I now know why sunbirds fly south!!!!! ;)
 


 


1 comment:

  1. Each New Year's Day Mom starts a brand new puzzle. I remember when I was little and Dad was in Viet Nam we spent time with our neighbors and the adults worked puzzles.

    ReplyDelete