Sunday, January 6, 2013

New year, new (Internet) provider!

Oh what a feeling! This speed! It's soo nice. I can feel my blood pressure going back down. Happy happy dance. We switched from Wild Blue to Verizon 4G! I can view tutorials, watch how-to videos, view all the pictures on a blog without refreshing, refreshing, refreshing! I can even waste time like the rest of America on Pinterest!! ;-) Though I will miss taking "Lappy" to coffee shops :-( Now I can just go for the take-out cuppa coffee and continue on with my errands! Look at all the time I'll save!! Or it's more likely I'll use that time to shop JoAnn's, Hobby Lobby, or The Quilting Bee! hehe

We've had snow on the ground since New Year's Eve, 6 inches, the hubbs measured! Slowly it's melting ~ all this week it should keep melting as temps are suppose to be in the 40's! Fine with me :) I don't really like all the mud and wet melted snow puddles (in the house!!) that always follows the snow :-(  I'm a warm weather person, not hot, just warm. It's just so much easier to run outside for whatever reason and not have to put on boots, gloves, a hat and a coat! Bah to winter :-p

TheManWhoHoldsMyHeart and I watched Downton Abby tonight on PBS! The hype is right it was really good and we can see ourselves watching more. We'd like to get the earlier episodes on DVD and catch up. Before tonight's season opener there was a special feature on about the current owners of the castle featured in the program and about how much maintenance and money goes into the upkeep of the estate. It's pretty mind boggling, and the rich history of the home was fascinating.

I wanted to post a picture of the pin cushions I made as gifts for Christmas, but for some reason the site is not opening for photo transfer. I'll have to try again tomorrow.


1 comment:

  1. Glad the internet is working well! We are suppose to be getting hooked up on Tuesday. Maybe we'll be able to do a little skype chat!

    ReplyDelete