Tuesday, April 23, 2013

This is Spring! NOT!

AAgghhh! Can you believe it!
For four consecutive weeks now we have been experiencing the last gasp of winter! It warms then a freak cold front comes through, and we experience a hard freeze.
 Warms~freeze    Warms~freeze  Warms~freeze  
Snow today 2 inches accumulation then another hard freeze, down to 22 tonight, this is number four! Our poor flowering trees, peonies, and garden!
So today I am baking, Pumpkin Streusel Muffins and Gingerbread Biscotti. My sewing machine is at the shop getting a tune-up, much needed as I have neglected this annual clean up. The place I usually take it too closed over a year ago and I had tried another about 70 miles away last fall but they were not able to get my machine in for months and I needed it for Christmas sewing. So I decided to part with it (temporarily) last Friday. It's hard--- I just love knowing it's waiting for me in the sewing room. Now a large dusty empty hole in the sewing table looks so forlorn {big pouty lip here}! I could get out the serger I inherited from my grandmother and see if I can teach myself how to use it. That's a strong possibility as I really want the use of this machine, I'm just a bit cowardly!
 So... more coffee a warm pumpkin muffin and then...and then........

3 comments:

  1. I'm so with you. What is up with this weather? We didn't get the snow (or at least not yet) but we did get the cold north wind with sleet and hail. Not fun. I'm very ready for spring but so grateful for the rain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be grateful for rain~~but snow..bah...

      Delete
  2. I hope you have lots of fabric to keep you busy. Just say NO to snow!

    ReplyDelete