Thursday, September 13, 2012

A piece to tide you over :-)

I have plans to use this block as a pillow on my thirties print quilt. I got the block in some fabrics I purchased at an auction, the block was hand appliqued and almost done except for two of the leaves, they were basted in place. So to adhere those and tie them all together I machine blanket stitched around all the leaves in black thread. I [heart] the blanket stitch on my Janome 6500 and use it whenever possible~~it's the main reason I bought the machine, plus I love the needle up/down button, the knee lift, the needle threader, the auto thread cutter, the array of decorative stitches, the ............. Ok I'm in love and it shows!!!!!!!!! hehehe
Today my BFF is coming for a long weekend visit!!!!!!!!! It's been a year since we've seen each other, too long :(   But we'll make up for it!!! ;-)  talk talk talk!!! We're attending the crafts fair in Hillsboro, KS on Saturday! It's so fun and so inspiring to see all the craft pieces!

5 comments:

  1. I think the block is very pretty, love the colors!

    Have fun at Hillsboro! The very first craft show I ever put my things in was Hillsboro but that, of course, was many years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mayleen! Are you enjoying a rainy day? Great for sewing and sipping!
      Will you be attending the Hillsboro affair this year?

      Delete
  2. That's really pretty! I love the spring-ish colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! can't wait to see the finished set!

    ReplyDelete